July 26, 2011

Oooh honey cake...



A few months back I started making shaped pancakes for the girls. To start with it was hedgehogs, mice and  meercats...most had grotesque bulbs or abnormalities attached to some part of their anatomy, but they were marveled at any ways.


My favorite was the mud-flap-jack...aka the mudflap girl made in pancake batter. I made it for my boyfriend, not the girls, just to be clear. It was funny and I was proud even if her chest was literally the size of a chest and her little legs snapped when I flipped her. 

That was the problem - I had no control with the batter until 2 days ago when I eyed a honey bear upside-down and nearly empty. 



Suddenly a whole new world opened up to me of long curly tails and finely crafted battery creations with next to perfect parts, almost all of which were actually recognizable.


I figure I'm just behind the curve in a huge way, but am putting this out there for everyone else who is sadly uninformed and needing to make their pancakes into the shape of the Eiffel tower or the Jackson 5 or a passion flower or a pair of roller-skates. 

Use a honey bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment