March 9, 2011

Yet another carnivorous plant! Woo hoo!!!



My eyes are about to shut  but I promised this to two people so here I am, 4 parasitic or carnivorous plants in...loving it  but thinking that both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods must put a waxy something on their bags because my paint keeps separating...like bad milk in tea.


These are made from paper bags, children's water color and staples. I continued with the project because it was  satisfying but I need to remember the greater objective - models for my daughters first grade class...and I want to get away from the recycled bags only thing.



I'm not even going to try and name them either because Megan of RADMEGAN fame (check out her blog and website) knows EVERYTHING about carnivorous plants and she keeps chiming in. It's so  cool. 


I wouldn't be surprised if I stumped her with these though because they look quite different than the real ones...but at least they really do eat flesh! Really!  They do! And they poop too! OK...it begs the question...do carnivorous plants poop? Anyone?

5 comments:

  1. Plantus toileticus (variegated?)!!

    I think I may have to borrow you for an exhibition at Anna's school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AKA the potty plant. It offers relief then tips backwards as it's prey sits down and then closes it's lid. We've all had anxiety about falling in....with this plant, you not only fall in but are digested slowly. What a way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly! This is my favorite paper plant yet!!

    It looks JUST like a Nepenthes rajah!! I'm so impressed! I posted my carnivorous plant craft (the needle-felted venus fly trap I made over the weekend) on my blog today and linked to yours. Hope you don't mind :)

    http://radmegan.blogspot.com/2011/03/needle-felted-venus-fly-trap.html

    xoxo
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET! Thanks SOO much Megan!! I'm still figuring out the basics of blogging and haven't figured out the link thing yet. Jeessh. I'll work on that later today. Thanks so much for your awesome words! You're totally inspiring - and I'm off to check out YOUR venus fly trap now! Yee haw!
    xx

    ReplyDelete