February 3, 2011

Doughnut Paintings



This is my doughnut series. I did them last year in a


studio I had with Saul, Steve, James, Kimberly, & ELizabeth.


It was a super cool set up and they all do great work,


unfortunately I couldn't afford to keep it...but I'm


glad I got to do these. They're oil on board and 8x8


I think. Mmmmm. It sure was good having a reason


to buy allot of doughnuts!


It turns out that doughnuts are kind of complex things


and if one were trying to learn to paint, they might


a good subject.

4 comments:

  1. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful my luv, Now I want a Doughnut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Donuts! I love these paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Yea Jason - I was trying to post one on your wall the other day when you said you wanted a small doughnut...but the file I had was too small. Now you know the thought behind it.

    ReplyDelete