September 20, 2011

Bas Couture


Bas Couture

This is a the reason I get dressed in the morning (that and I'm shy and live with a house full of people - who all wear clothes...and I get cold easily). 

This is  because  I adore clothes, but couldn't name 5  famous designers if you paid me. Actually, I do remember some..... Gloria Vanderbilt, Jordache, A-smile, and Lacoste. I only remember those because my mother wouldn't buy them for me in 5th grade, and all the 'cool' girls had them....the little swans and puffy ice cream cones, hearts and stars on the back of their tight fitting stretchy jeans.  They were the ones getting in trouble for kissing the boys.  Not me... indeed I was doomed to float between those 'cool' ones and the ones sitting by themselves being falsely accused of eating sardine sandwiches.  It is probably thanks to them, the ones who's parents bought them everything they wanted - that those dudes like Lacan and Derrida, Hegel and Marcusa appeal to me. I felt it. I felt the lack, desire and the void, the gap, lacunae...the dialectical back and forth. Yeah....(said with a Pee Wee snarled lip) I lived it Dottie.

This is because a couple of years ago I  thought I was dying (faster than I am now) and NO ONE was taking pictures of me. Having a daughter I thought damn it - If I'm going down, I want her to have some decent photos of me. So - I started taking them.

This is because getting dressed in the morning is important. I have no money. I have 4 pairs of shoes, and I love clothes.  The reuse, recycle theme continues in this daily of what i was wearing when i made that weird thing, where it came from and how very little I paid for it. Ha!

Bas - low, near to the ground
Couture - sewing, dressmaking


September 20, 2011
Oh god, I look like a boy. I wish, I wish, I wish I hadn't cut my hair that morning at 6 am in my boyfriends bathroom with his toe nail clippers. I wish again that I wasn't compelled to take MY toenail scissors to it in the Disneyland bathroom. 

I'm quite sure that given the magic security measures in the magic land, SOMEONE must have been surveilling me...the girl who stayed in one stall for almost 25 mins and emerged with shorter hair. WEIRD. I was also the girl who found a plug in another bathroom and plugged in her dead cell phone for 45 mins and ended up helping the woman cleaning the bathroom with her never ending duties. 


FYI the bathroom with the plug is by Space Mountain and the Star Tours thing at the end of the long line of sinks next to the mirror.

Back to the point, I can stick my hair up when its dirty now and this morning called for black. Black from the Santa Barbara Arts Collaborative underneath the black from Buffalo exchange in SF above black from my boyfriends closet holding up black from F21 tucked into black that my boyfriend bought me to keep my feet warm. What I paid for was under $30 all together.





No comments:

Post a Comment