September 25, 2011

My very clever boyfriend: garlic and the local farm


This is not a food blog...but when my very clever boyfriend does something spectacular in the kitchen (which he does allot - and just to set the record straight - I NEVER do) and if it some way relates - I'm going to mention it.

I'm a huge believer in the farmers market, organic food, buying local and all that stuff. With the risk of sounding too boringly earnest, I think it's really important to pay attention where your food, especially, comes from.

Santa Barbara's Farmers Market is pretty impressive all year round I think, but we lost a farm recently, one that was dear to my cash poor little heart. 

Windrose Farm in Paso Robles stopped traveling to us in SB as far as I can tell, so now we have to go to them. Why? Because they have THE BEST FRIGGING GARLIC  EVER! Yes they have lots of other awesome food and plants and stuff, but their garlic is amazing.

Last month my boyfriend bought something like two shopping bags full of different kinds.

Last night we had music garlic and something with an asian name. I am still in heaven.

But I have to run now and save the sunflower heads from the FRIGGING SCRUB JAYS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment